Important advancements include:
- Selective targeting for cancer cells as opposed to healthy cells
- Small molecule, ideal for topical application
- Minimal off-target toxicity
- Dual diagnostic and treatment agents
- Non-toxic in the absence of light activation
- Rapid uptake in cancer cells, reducing the exposure time to the drug and speeding up light-based treatment times
Our phototherapeutic drugs precisely target diseased tissues and, by using light-based treatment, only these areas are activated, enabling rapid treatment and destruction of specific cells and tissues.
We are building relationships with clinicians working in the oral cancer and phototherapeutic areas to ensure that our ongoing development programme keeps patients at the heart of everything we do. We are working to ensure that our novel treatment is as simple and user-friendly as possible for both clinicians to use and patients to experience.
We are actively seeking new partners in the area of Head and Neck cancer especially those who have experience working with Photodynamic Therapies.